Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
April 30th is National Oatmeal Cookie Day! Celebrate with these delicious, gluten-free Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies made with Super Oats, almond flour, and coconut oil!
We suggest making the dough and after it has refrigerated, form the balls on cookie sheets and freeze them. Once frozen, store in a ziplock bag in the freezer and then have delicious oatmeal cookies ready to bake anytime you want!
Yields ~32 Cookies
- 1 1/3 cups Super Oats (I used the Nuts & Seeds)
- 1 1/3 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- In a small bowl combine the Super Oats, almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a larger bowl (or the bowl of a KitchenAid mixer) mix the coconut oil and brown sugar together until well mixed and clumps form. Then add in the egg and vanilla until blended.
- While mixing on a low speed, slowly add the Super Oats mixture.
- Slowly mix in the chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- On ungreased cookie sheets, using a tablespoon loosely pack the dough into balls and place them on the cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let the cookies set for 1 minute on the cookie sheet, then carefully move them to a wire rack to cool.