Low-Sugar Jojo’s and Power O’s Peanut Butter Bars
A chocolate and PB treat that’s low in sugar!? We know it’s hard to believe, but it DOES exist!! Jojo’s chocolate developed this life-changing (we swear!) recipe using Original Power O’s, PB (or any healthy nut butter) honey, coconut flakes and Jojo’s low-sugar dark chocolate baking bar.
- 4 Cups Original Power O’s
- ¾ Cup honey
- ¾ Cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ Cup sunflower butter (or any nut butter)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (or grass fed butter), divided
- ½ Cup coconut flakes
- 1 Tsp real vanilla
- 2 – 3oz Bars – JoJo’s 70% Dark Chocolate w/Protein
- Optional: Course sea salt
- Pour Power O’s into a large bowl
- In a small pot heat honey over low heat until boiling.
- Once it just begins to boil add peanut butter, nut butter, and 1 Tbsp coconut oil. Stir to combine and keep boiling for one minute. Then turn off heat.
- Stir in vanilla and coconut flakes, and pour over cereal.
- Mix until combined and pour into a 7×11 inch pan and press to flatten.
- Melt chocolate and 1 Tbsp coconut oil in a double broiler or microwave, stirring in 30-second increments.
- Pour over mixture and spread until the top is coated. Sprinkle with course sea salt (optional) and let cool in the freezer for 15 minutes to harden.